The long summer days are starting to get shorter which means only one thing; hunting season is around the corner. We've had a great couple of weeks working with landowners to bring to you 12 new listings in the months of June and July. These listings bring new opportunity for private access to hunting land, fishing, birding, and farm & ranch activities.
Diamond D Farm & Ranch North Unit: Circle, MT - 1,160 acres.
- Hunting (Deer, Antelope, Upland, Waterfowl) / Birdwatching
- The Diamond D Farm & Ranch consists of nearly 1,200 acres of wide-open prairie and rolling grasslands in Eastern Montana's McCone County. The ranch features draws and shelter belts, which provide great cover for the native wildlife. The Cow Creek also runs through a portion of the property.
- The property is in Unit 650 for deer, which is a general deer unit. It is also in Unity 650 for Antelope.
- The property's upland district is East of the Continental Divide for upland hunting.
- The property is located in the Central Flyway Zone 1 for waterfowl.
- Guests looking to bring RVs or camp on the property are more than welcome; however, lodging is also available in Wolf Point, Montana which sits 37 miles north of the ranch.
10-7 Stillwater Retreat: Nye, MT - 0.6 acres.
- Hunting (Deer, Elk, Beer) / Fishing / Farm & Ranch
The 10-7 Stillwater Retreat is the perfect place for your next outdoor adventure. The Retreat is located right on the Stillwater River, which is renowned for its Blue Ribbon Trout fishing and white water rafting.
Whether you're returning from an amazing trip in the Beartooths or trying to get outside for the weekend, this is a great place to set up basecamp. Conveniently located right off Nye Rd, there are two spots available for any type of RV, both of which include water and electric hookups.
- The lodge is in Unit 525 for deer, which is a general deer unit. The lodge is in Unit 525 for elk, which is a general deer unit. The lodge is in unit 520 for bear.
Wapiti Ridge Cabin: Lewistown, MT - 20 acres.
- Hunting (Deer, Elk, Bear) / Fishing / Farm & Ranch
- With Wapiti Ridge as your home base, guests will have every opportunity to make the most of the abundant wildlife and all the hunting experiences available nearby, especially the 640 acres of Public Land adjacent to the lodge. The lodge also features close access to improved forest service trails into Half Moon Canyon and across the Big Snowy Mountains.
- The lodge is in Unit 411 for deer, which is a general deer unit. It is located in Unit 411 for elk and in unit 400 for bear.
Taylor Ranch: Molt, MT - 760 acres.
- Hunting (Mule Deer, Antelope, Turkey, Pheasant) / Birdwatching
- The Taylor Ranch consists of prime Montana cropland, situated just northwest of Montana's largest city, Billings. The agricultural ground is farmed year-round and attracts all forms of wildlife, specifically mule deer, turkey, and upland bird species.
- Sportsmen are more than welcome to bring their own climbing stands, blinds, and ladder stands.
- The property is in Unit 515 for deer, which is a general deer unit. Meanwhile, it is in Unit 576 for antelope, Unit 5 for Spring Turkey and the General Area for Fall Turkey. The property's upland district is East of the Continental Divide.
Norman Ranch: Crawford, NE - 1,200 acres.
- Hunting (Turkey) / Birdwatching / Farm & Ranch
The Norman Ranch, located just north of Crawford is a beautiful piece of Nebraska grassland. The acreage consists of mostly meadows with large outcroppings of rocks, bluffs, and cedars that border the property.
The property is ideally surrounded by three of Northwestern Nebraska's top outdoor destinations: Fort Robinson State Park, Toadstool Geological Area, and Oglala National Grassland. All are within 20 miles of the ranch.
- The wooded draws, creek bottom, and open meadows are perfect for turkeys. At this time, we will be opening the property for the Spring Turkey Season only.
Arapahoe Ranch: Lakeside, NE - 7,300 acres.
- Hunting (Deer, Pheasant, Waterfowl, Prairie Grouse) / Birdwatching / Farm & Ranch
- The Arapahoe Ranch is a pristine piece of the Nebraska Sandhills. With wetlands and large lakes scattered throughout its 7,300 acres, the ranch is a paradise for waterfowl hunters and birders. The property's open spaces also make for great opportunities for big game hunters, wildlife viewers, and anyone seeking a secluded place to kayak or ride horses.
The Arapaho Ranch has not been hunted in over 35 years!
The ranch will be opening for one rifle hunt during the Nebraska November Firearm Season for Deer, a nine-day stretch from November 12th to November 20th. Archery and Muzzleloader hunts will be available to book after November Firearm for the remainder of the season. Inquire for more details.
- Lodging available.
Higgins Ranch: Valentine, NE - 13,000 acres.
- Hunting (Deer, Prairie Grouse) / Birdwatching / Farm & Ranch
The Higgins Ranch is a family-owned operation located in the heart of the Nebraska Sandhills.
This multi-generational ranch is a treasure, featuring vast grasslands with shelterbelts scattered throughout, along with a couple small ponds and waterways. The Goose Creek also runs through the western portion of the property.
The ranch has sections of low-lying meadows that turn into seasonal wetlands, attracting all forms of wildlife.
- With exclusive access to the Higgins Ranch, this is the perfect destination for youth or novice hunters. There is a good amount of deer on the ranch, mostly whitetails with some mule deer. While there are a couple decent bucks, the population is mostly does.
The property is located in the Calamus West Unit for deer hunting. The property is located in the West Zone (west of U.S. Highway 81) for grouse.
The North 40: Leigh, NE - 40 acres.
- Hunting (Pheasant) / Birdwatching
The North 40 is in Northwest Nebraska's Stanton County. The property consists of CRP grass with thick cover and rolling hills, making for great pheasant hunting.
The South 80: Leigh, NE - 80 acres.
- Hunting (Whitetail, Pheasant) / Birdwatching
- The South 80 is in Northwest Nebraska's Stanton County. The property consists of CRP grass with thick cover and rolling hills, making for great pheasant hunting. The ground also features a small creek that runs through the southwestern corner of the property.
The South 80 is in the Elkhorn unit for Whitetail. Meanwhile, the entire state is open for the taking of pheasants.
The East Quarter: Leigh, NE - 160 acres.
- Hunting (Whitetail, Pheasant) / Birdwatching
The East Quarter is in Northwest Nebraska's Stanton County. The property consists of CRP grass with thick cover and rolling hills, making for great pheasant hunting. The ground also features agricultural cropland with alfalfa, oats, and corn.
- The East Quarter is in the Elkhorn unit for Whitetail. Meanwhile, the entire state is open for the taking of pheasants.
GFRO River Farm: Garfield, KS - 75 acres.
- Hunting (Mule Deer, Whitetail, Dove) / Fishing / Birdwatching / Farm & Ranch
- The GFRO River Farm is a working farming operation in Garfield, Kansas, mainly producing corn, milo, and soybeans. The farm is located in Pawnee County, which has a rich history of the Westward Expansion that was formative to what is now Central Kansas and the rest of the Western US. The area features pieces of the Sante Fe Trail, American Indian artifacts, and wagon ruts that are worth checking out during your stay.
- The GFRO River Farm is pleased to be offering archery deer hunts and dove hunts. Archery deer will only be available on our northern section (~21 acres). On this section, there is a ground blind, tree stand, and deer feeder.
- The property is in Unit 5 for deer.
Hot Springs Summit Ranch: Cascade, ID - 10,800 acres.
- Hunting (Elk / Mule Deer / Bear)
This is a great opportunity to visit a ranch that is geographically positioned with spectacular mountain views, numerous creeks throughout the property, and borders USFS and State lands.
Lush creek valley meadows to the top of timbered mountain peaks all within less than 30 miles of McCall offering the finest of accommodations.
Water is abundant on Hot Springs Summit Ranch with The Badley Hot Spring, and over 8 miles of creeks and streams. Glen Cove, West Fork Beaver, French, Grouse, Flat, and Davis Creek all flow through the property.
Mixed in are many canyons with springs and unique variations. Mountain peaks offer 360-degree views overlooking Cascade, Long Valley, and Cascade Reservoir. Timbered throughout with a mix of fir and pine.
Elk and deer are abundant on this ranch. Being the mountain range adjacent to the valley floor provides the perfect habitat for wildlife to abound. Wildlife includes elk, deer, black bear, turkey, grouse, and many other species.
The property contains numerous improved private interior roads with water drainage. This allows for driving throughout the ranch.
As we look forward to what we believe will be a very prosperous fall of hunting, we also acknowledge what privilege it is to gain access to private land. Out of respect for our landowners and all of our recreators, we encourage sportsmen to update their hunter safety courses before the season! HunterEd.com offers a combination of professional educators, entertaining storylines, and up‐to‐date scenarios that give you one of the most effective ways to learn safe hunting practices. Alternatively, iLearntoHunt.com is an interactive hunter course approved by the IHEA. This course not only prepares students for safe hunting experiences, but also helps hunters have successful and ethical hunts.
LandTrust helps make sharing easy, enjoyable, and safe. We verify personal profiles and listings, maintain a smart messaging system so Landowners and Recreators can communicate with certainty, and manage a trusted platform to collect and transfer payment.